Dermatix Silicone Gel for scar reduction.
Dermatix is a Topical Silicone Gel that is transparent, self-drying and maintains the skin's moisture balance, aiding the management of scarred skin surfaces resulting from surgery, burns and other injuries.
Dermatix has been shown to flatten, soften and smooth scars, relieve the itching and discomfort of scarring as well as reduce the discoloration associated with scars. Dermatix gel is easily applied to all areas of the skin, including the face, joints and flexures, and dries rapidly to form an invisible sheet.
- Softens and flattens raised scars.
- Fades red or dark scars.
- Relieves the itching and discomfort of scars.
How to use
- Dermatix must not be used on broken skin.
- Be careful if applying Dermatix around your eyelids to avoid contact with the eye
- The gel should be applied in a very thin layer to the affected area twice daily following the instructions below:
- Clean the area to be treated with mild soap and water, pat dry
- Gently spread a very thin coat over the affected site.
- Allow to air dry for 4-5 minutes before covering with clothing or make up
- (Please be aware that Dermatix may stain clothing if it is not completely dry)
If Dermatix has not dried within 4-5 minutes you have used too much, remove the excess and allow the drying process to continue.
The recommended minimum duration of use is 2 months
Further benefits may result from extended use.